Monday, November 8, 2010

What's cooking!



I'm going to start keeping track of new recipes that I am trying and ones that I am perfecting!! I made my version of Chicken pot pie the other night! It's getting better each time I make it, and it's fun trying out different vegetable combinations and spices! This was the recipe I used

Ingredients

2lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 can of baby carrots
1 can of whole potatoes
1 1/2 c. of Broccoli ( frozen)
1 c. peas ( frozen)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 tsp of ground black pepper
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 tblspn. extra virgin olive oil
1 can of biscuits

preheat oven to 350

in large pan add spices to chicken ( cut into chunks) cook until white. remove chicken from pan, then add frozen vegetables and 1/2 c. water to lightly steam. Add canned veggies and soup +1 can of water, season with salt and pepper. pour Soup and veggies over chicken in large casserole dish, place biscuits on top and cook until biscuits are done. We've been enjoying this as a great dinner and then again for a lunch! Makes about 8 servings!!

No comments: